Software Engineer Job Description
ActekSoft is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team. The ideal individual should possess a strong work ethic and a desire to assist with the growth of ActekSoft. Must have strong personal management skills, be a team player and represent a strong sense of ownership to others both inside and outside of ActekSoft.
The ideal candidate will be responsible and disciplined, with a desire to do deliver quality work on a timely basis. Reliability and consistent work performance (meeting and exceeding goals) is expected. Must be an experienced problem solver with the willingness to tackle difficult challenges and not be easily intimidated by complex problems. Teamwork is important, including the ability to follow directions, be respectful of others, pitch in to help when needed and work in the best interests of the team/company.
- Work as part of a high-performance team
- Provide software development within the ACom3 product (enterprise commission system)
- Function as a lead for one or more product features
- Provide software maintenance and improvements related to the feature
- Serve as subject matter expert related to the feature, including responding to questions, assisting with solutions, etc.
- Provide internal training
- Produce feature documentation
- Provide ACom3 configuration assistance.
Technical Skills (Required):
- Strong core Java
- Strong SQL
- Servlet/JSP experience
- Some Groovy experience
Technical Skills (Desired):
- Jasper Reports/Jasper Server
- Maven, Nexus
- Atlassian Bamboo, Hudson
- REST web services, Jersey
- SQL Server
Key Job Benefits
- Use state-of-the-art tools and equipment, including the Atlassian suite, Intellij (easily the best Java IDE), large monitors and powerful laptops
- Experience the complete software lifecycle
- Become a member of an accomplished engineering team
- Work with a successful product that has significant growth potential
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company. Individuals who develop the breadth of skills required for this role will be afforded other opportunities to expand their career. Competitive salary offering with solid benefit package and 401K.
To Apply for This Position:
Postings & Notices
These Labor Condition Application postings and notices are posted in accordance with U.S. Department of Labor regulations